Friday, November 13, 2009

DISCIPLESHIP CLASS



A few months ago we shared about Dinah, a young woman who came up to the Youth Center when she heard the drums. Dinah enrolled in a Bible Study and was baptized several weeks ago. Following her baptism Alma (Youth Center employee) invited Dinah to join a discipleship class with one other young woman. Dinah accepted the invitation and brought her sister with her to join the discipleship group. After a few weeks of the discipleship studies Dinah's sister and the other young woman accepted Christ as their savior and were baptized last Sunday by Eddie assisted by Alma. We rejoice as these two young women have given their lives to Christ and continue to study God's word with Alma.


This is the first time Alma led a Bible study and she was quite hesitant to do so. Here is Alma's response to the baptisms of Harlan and Kristina-Lyn.

"When I first learned I would be leading a Bible study I was worried about not being adequate to teach. I was scared thinking that the student might not believe me because I don't know how to do it. When Harlan and Kristina went forward to receive the Lord I was crying. My heart pounded so fast. I can't believe that they will receive Christ that soon despite the very short time we spent together in studying. I felt an inner joy. I was shocked when Pastor Eddie wanted to include me to baptize them but after the baptisms I was very happy. It was my first time to assist because I thought that only a pastor or elder must do a baptism. The experience increased my faith and confidence to share and teach somebody about the Word of God. It was a stepping stone to continue on and to become more effective to share the gospel."

Please pray for Alma, Dinah, Harlin, and Kristina Lyn as they continue to study scripture together. Pray for the three new Christians to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.